Friday, February 2, 2018

New Pet Obsession and Woffles

For years I have been an aloof person when it comes to dogs and cats. They love me, though, but I
just couldn't warm up to them. That all changed when Beau came into my life through my daughter and son-in-law.

I never though I would be the type to walk a dog and pick up poop, but those chocolate brown eyes have won me over. Now I'm not sure I am ready to bake dog treats, but if you are, here is a recipe from Bethany Blake's book Pawprints and Predicaments.

If you want to know more about Beau, he has his own Instagram account. It is called Adventures of Beau_.


From Pawprints and Predicaments

Woofles

Nothing is cuter than the sight of Artie eating a Woofle while wearing one of his adorable sweaters. He always gets the yogurt “whipped cream” on his nose. Jonathan and Socrates would disagree about the sweater being cute.*

2 cups whole wheat flour
¼ cup brewer’s yeast
½ tsp. baking powder
1 large egg
2/3 cup beef broth
½ cup peanut butter
1 (6 oz) container of plain yogurt
1 tsp. honey

Get your waffle iron ready, if you have one. If not, preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.

In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, brewer’s yeast and baking powder. Add the egg and beef broth, and stir in combine thoroughly, making a batter.

Scoop out about 1 tablespoon’s worth of batter per waffle and cook for about 12 minutes in either your waffle iron or the oven. (The oven won’t leave cute marks, but they will taste good.) The Woofles should be dense and fairly dry when they’re done.

While still warm, spread a small amounts of peanut butter on each Woofle. Allow treats to cool.

Mix together yogurt and honey and place a dollop of “whipped cream” on the Woofles. Too.

Hint: You can find brewer’s yeast wherever protein powders are sold.



*From Pawprints and Predicaments by Bethany Blake with permission

PS I don't think Daphne Templeton has any competition for me for baking these treats.




No comments: