Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Interview with Amanda Flower

What is the title of your newest book? How many books have you published?
My newest title that will release the first week of November is Death and Daisies, this is the second
novel in the Magic Garden Mystery Series set in Scotland. In October, my third Amish Candy Shop Mystery came out called Premeditated Peppermint. With the release of Death and Daisies, I will have twenty-five published novels.

For a review of Premeditated Peppermint, click here.

How did you develop your character and choose your location?
I usually have the location before I have the character. For me setting is sort of like a character in and of itself since they are so important to my stories. When I know where the story will be, the protagonist usually falls into place for me.

What is a day in the life of an author like? Do you write a certain number of words, do you write in the morning or evening? 
I currently work as a full time writer and a full time librarian. On the days that I’m at the library, I try to write two thousand words, and on the days I’m not at the library, I try to write five thousand or more.

Do you belong to a writers group or are you in touch with other writers? How does that help your writing?
I’m a member of Sisters in Crime. Through the organization and through my local chapter, I’ve made many friends and contacts. I would not have been published without the group.

Do you model your character after yourself or any one you know?
All of my characters are from my imagination, but I may get characteristics from real people. However, none of my characters are like any living person.

If your books were made into a movie, who would you want to play the lead character?
I would love for Reese Witherspoon to play any one of my protagonists. My characters tend to be on the quirky side, and I think she would do a good job capturing that.

Who is your favorite author?
I love Heather Blake and Kylie Logan’s books. Both are great mystery authors.

How do you keep track of character details from book to book so they are consistent?
I usually keep a notebook for each series.

If you could not be an author, what would like to do as a career?
I would definitely be a librarian, which I am. I love helping people find the information that they need!

1 comment:

Denise Kainrath said...

Being a librarian would be such a fun job, I agree 100%!

Denise