Monday, April 4, 2016

Cozy Cooking

If you have ever driven yourself crazy trying to photocopy a recipe from a paperback book, The Cozy Cookbook is for you. It is filled with excerpts from some of my favorite cozy mysteries as well as wonderful recipes from those same books. The book contains over 100 recipes, some more complex than others. Don't be afraid - try a few!

Ellery Adams' Charmed Bacon-Lattice Breakfast Pie (from Pecan Pies and Homicides) sounds delicious. I doubt I have the nerve to try the lattice work, but I might. Stranger things have happened.

Connie Archer's French Toast Sandwich (from A Spoonful of Murder) is nothing like my mother's French Toast. It contains mushrooms, swiss cheese and worcestershire sauce.

The World's Best Grilled Chicken Breasts offered up by Leslie Budewitz (from Crime Rib) is one I have made. It is wonderfully flavorful and very easy to make. Be sure to use fresh herbs, none of those old bottled ones you've had in your pantry since your college days.

Of course no cookbook would be complete without desserts. There are so many from which to choose. One I have made and loved is Jenn McKinlay's Mojito Cupcakes (from Sprinkle with Murder). Another that sounds fantastic is Paige Shelton's Champagne Cookies (from If Fried Chicken Could Fly). No need to wait until New Year's Eve to pop this treat.

No comments: