Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Interview with Holly Quinn

What is the title of your newest book? How many books have you published?
A Crafter Hooks a Killer released June 11th. The 3rd in the Handcrafted Mystery series: A Crafter
Quilts a Crime releases Feb 11, 2020. There are 3 books thus far in this series. I’ve published 2 standalones under another name.

Holly Quinn
How did you develop your character and choose your location?
I’m a “panster” meaning a write from the seat of my pants. The characters develop as their personalities show up on the page. The location of Heartsford is a fictional location based on a real town named Hartford, WI. *Most small Midwest towns are similar.

What books did you read as a child?
Dr. Seuss and Nancy Drew anything with a mystery

What drew you to writing?
I have a very inquisitive mind and drove my parents batty as a child with too many questions. I love a good mystery plot and people fascinate me.

If you could tell your younger writing self anything, what would it be?
Be patient. Good things come to those who wait and master their craft.

What kind of research do you do, and how long do you spend researching before beginning a book.
A good writer is told to write what they know. I’m a jack of trades, master of none. So, I have a lot to pull from. I do a lot of Googling as I write if I have questions about something. I also participated in a citizen police academy program.

Who is your favorite author?
Every interviewer asks this question and it’s one I refuse to answer. There are far too many good writers out there! *

If you could invite five people – living or dead – to a dinner party, who would they be?
Agatha Christie, John Grisham, Nick Sparks, Liane Moriarty, and Jesus Christ. Wouldn’t that be a party?!
 * maybe I just gave away a few of my favorite writers?

If you could not be an author, what would like to do as a career?
Actually, I paint glass and sell locally during the holidays. Despite being traditionally published, writing doesn’t yet pay the bills…

For a review of A Crafter Hooks a Killer, click here.

No comments: