Friday, September 1, 2017

Van Gogh and Me

After reading so many books for the last year to keep up with reviews on MapYourMystery.com, I reached a point where I needed something else to do on occasion. Earlier this month, I watched a Facebook event from several famous galleries hosting five Van Gogh Sunflower paintings.

Van Gogh has always held a fascination for me and when I listened to the curators talk about the five paintings, I was hooked. Just being slightly artistic (I know that's like being slightly pregnant), I decided to try my hand at paint-by- numbers. Sounds pretty easy, right.

Well let me tell you there is some skill in learning how to mix two colors so you can get the third color you need to paint and to make sure you have enough to complete the section in the painting. So today there is no book review, but my painting so far.

I'd love to hear your comments.

1 comment:

Sybil Johnson said...

That's your painting. Looks nice! I did a lot of paint by numbers when I was a kid. Oil paints as I recall. Harder than it looks. Now I do tole/decorative painting. I've been doing it for years, but still feel like a novice at it.