Friday, September 16, 2016

Interview with Cheryl Hollon

Cheryl Hollon Interview


How many books have you published?  
Kensington have published three books in the Webb's Glass Shop Mystery Series. They are PANE AND SUFFERING, SHARDS OF MURDER and CRACKED TO DEATH. They have also extended my contract for another three books. Yay! The fourth book, ETCHED IN TEARS, will release in 2017. (You can see all her books here)
Under what names do you publish?
Cheryl Hollon

Do you plot the entire book first, then write or plot as you go? 
I plot out a detailed story plan and then write a VERY rough draft where I discover surprises that my characters plot for me.
  
How do you keep continuity on backstory? For example I read a book recently where the lead character said she had three brothers, several books later, she was an only child. 
This is incredibly difficult. Not only do I try to avoid continuity mistakes, but I also keep in mind that the reader may not have read the prior books. I have a Webb's notebook where I try to keep everything straight, but sometimes my brain just messes up.

Who is your favorite author?  
Louise Penny, hands down.
  
Do you write with pen and paper or a computer? I can write anywhere on anything -- even texting. 
My most efficient and pleasurable writing hours are spent in my standalone writing shed in the backyard of our Craftsman house. Bliss!

Read a review of Pane and Suffering

No comments: