Friday, February 28, 2020

The End


Thank you to everyone who read my blog, to the authors who I have met and to the publishers for giving me the chance to write about books. Over the years I have learned how to operate a bakeshop (Ellie Alexander), run a B&B in a Plantation House (Ellen Byron), be a midwife (Edith Maxwell), operate a library in a lighthouse (Vicki Delaney), drive a bookmobile (Nora Page), make candles (Christin Brecher), cook in a Mediterranean restaurant (Tina Kashian), be a reporter for a island newspaper (Lucy Burdette), organize garage sales (Sherry Harris), run a scrapbook store in the French Quarter (Laura Childs/Terrie Farley Moran, track down art thieves (Ritter Ames), research historical sites (Kathleen Ernst), talk to ghosts (Molly MacRae), enjoy how the other half lives (Alyssa Maxwell), prepare a lobster roll (Shari Randall), run a family clambake (Barbara Ross), follow Abe Lincoln (C.M.Gleason), operate a classic movie theatre (Vicki Fee & Margaret Dumas), run a bookstore (V.M.Burns), knit (Sally Goldenbaum), operate a spice shop (Leslie Budewitz), run a restaurant she inherited (Leslie Karst), write a college syllabus (Mary Angela and Cynthia Kuhn), bake tons of cookies (Eve Calder), be the first Indian female attorney (Sujata Massey), be a reporter for a local radio station (Nancy Cole Silverman), embroider pillows (Lea Wait), make dog biscuits (Bethany Blake) and so much more. 

This has been a fun four years, but it is time for me to move on. Keep reading and writing. 

Much love and a few tears
Christine

1 comment:

Denise Kainrath said...

I will miss logging in to comment on your posts first thing when I get to work each day! Fitting that I’m not at my desk for the final post. Proud of you, mom!
Denise