Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Interview with Rosemarie Ross

What is the title of your newest book? How many books have you published?
Cobblered to Death is my current release and my first foray into the mystery genre. I've previously
Rosemarie Ross
had ten inspirational romance novels and a children's non-fiction book published.

For a review of Cobblered to Death, click here. 

What was the most recent book you read?
Murder in the First Edition by Lauren Elliott

How did you develop your character and choose your location?
My favorite programs to watch on the weekend are cooking shows! Courtney is a combination of what I like to see in chefs/televisions personalities. I wanted an isolated location to write a 'closed room' mystery. What could be more isolated than a valley in the Pocono Mountains?

What kind of research do you do, and how long do you spend researching before beginning a book?
I researched the Pocono Mountain area by purchasing non-fiction books and reading about the locale. I did some internet researching for the historical aspect of coal mining, then just went with what wealthy people did in the Gilded Age...built mansions or in this case, a castle for their homes. Most of my research starts in a book store or library reading non-fiction/historical books about the area.

What books did you read as a child?
The Little House on the Prairie series, Little Women, Little Men and Jo's Boys.

What drew you to writing?
Umm...this is tough. I guess I have a 'writer's mind'. I tend to see things in story form or what if's. I excelled in all my writing and literature classes so it was a natural progression for me.

If you could tell your younger writing self anything, what would it be?
Don't be impatient and don't compare yourself to other writers. It took me a long time to realize, I wasn't comparing apples to apples.

Who is your favorite author?

For mysteries, E. J. Copperman, for suspense/romance Heather Graham

If you could invite five people – living or dead – to a dinner party, who would they be?
Miss Marple, Nancy Drew, E. J. Copperman, Annette Blair and Lee Hollis

If you could not be an author, what would like to do as a career?
I do have a day job and it's finance/accounting related and that is other thing I always wanted to do.

No comments: