Monday, July 4, 2016

Ciphers, Codes and Clues

When Savannah Webb returns home to her father's funeral in St. Petersburg, Florida, she plans to transfer ownership of his glass shop to his trusted associated Hugh. But when Hugh is found dead days later, Savannah cannot believe the coincidence. In Pane and Suffering author Cheryl Hollon explains the fine art of stain glass making in wonderful detail.

Savannah cannot believe her father and Hugh are both dead, allegedly of heart attacks, and she believes they were murdered. But why? Her father was in government intelligence before he became a glass maker, and Savannah knows he was a bit paranoid. When she finds an envelope with her father's writing that says, "Savannah, if you find this. I've been murdered and you are in danger," she begins to worry. Inside the envelope, she finds a code and begins her geocache search to find answers.

I loved the geocache aspect of the book and I wish there had been
more of a treasure hunt for the clues. I also loved the stained glass descriptions. They gave me the itch to get back into stained glass, something I had been interested in years ago.

As for Savannah she is way to trusting of people around her and pretty much tells everyone what is going on in her investigation. I think for future books, she needs to be more mysterious and suspicious of people. Maybe it's because she lived in Seattle (just a joke).

I look forward to reading the next book which is entitled Shards of Murder.

No comments: