Tuesday, March 1, 2016

So Much to Discover - Cheese Shop Mysteries

If you thought a cheese shop mystery should be set in Wisconsin, you are few states off. The Cheese Shop Mysteries are set in Providence, Ohio and feature Charlotte Bessette. Charlotte owns Fromagerie Bessette and is surrounded by her eccentric grandmere, the town's mayor; her charming Pepere, and her cousin Matthew. In Days of Wine and Roquefort by Avery Aames, Noelle Adams, a friend of Matthew's, takes a job as sommelier for a local winery, but before she can even begin her job, she is found murdered in Charlotte's garage.

There are a host of suspects including Matthew, and Charlotte tries to decipher what Noelle's last words mean. Charlotte and her assistant Rebecca use their TV crime show knowledge to try to unearth the murderer.

When I read these books, I feel as if I need a cheese plate next to me. The cheese descriptions are mouth-watering and paired with Matthew's wine selections, they come to life. I empathize with grandpere as he pops into the shop occasionally to have a taste of cheese, even though he is not supposed to eat so much cheese. I'm going to the refrigerator right now for a piece of cheese.

The first book in this series by Avery Aames is The Long Quiche Goodbye.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I always need a cheese place next to me!

Unknown said...

I always need a cheese place next to me!